Do you want to ...
... further deepen your understanding of the Bible?
... take your ministry in the church to a higher level?
... obtain a recognized ministry qualification?
What is the 52767WA Diploma of Biblical Ministry?
The 52767WA Diploma of Biblical Ministry is an accredited qualification that focuses strongly on Bible interpretation and the development of ministry skills. It is usually presented in conjunction with local churches that are keen to develop up-and-coming leaders for ministry. Being church-based, you'll have the unique opportunity to be trained for ministry while still actively in ministry within your church.
What will I learn?
The qualification is designed to focus on the specific skills that you will need to interpret the Bible and to use them in ministry. A total of thirteen units needs to be completed. The first twelve units are mandatory and one unit needs to be selected from the remaining four units.
- VCIOTE501A - Interpret the Psalms
- VCIOTE502A - Interpret the Old Testament wisdom books
- VCIOTE503A - Interpret the Old Testament prophetic books
- VCIOTE504A - Identify the communication situation and central message of the Old Testament prophetic books
- VCINTE501A - Interpret the Synoptic Gospels, John's Gospel and Acts
- VCINTE502A - Interpret the book of Revelation
- VCINTE503A - Identify the communication situation and central message of the Gospels, Acts and Revelation
- VCITHE501A - Provide answers for the church on world view
- VCIMIN501A - Plan and lead the prayer, praise and worship segments of a church meeting
- VCIMIN502A- Provide biblically based pastoral care to individuals
- VCIMIN503A - Develop a personal and a ministry stewardship plan
- VCIMIN504A - Develop and apply a biblically based model of church leadership
Choose one from the following:
- VCIMIN505A - Prepare and deliver a series of messages for children
- VCIMIN506A - Prepare and deliver a series of biblical messages or sermons
- VCIMIN507A - Prepare a series of Bible studies for a number of Bible study groups and prepare their leaders to lead them
- VCIMIN508A - Prepare and deliver a series of biblical teaching sessions
Duration and time commitment
It usually takes 1 to 2 years to do this qualification.
To be admitted to the Diploma, you will have to show that you possess the competencies of the 52766WA Certificate IV in Biblical Ministry.